Search This Blog

Monday, January 16, 2012

Tripp Roth

I held off on writing this post because I didn't really know what to say.

I never knew Tripp in person, I've never met him, I don't know his mom Courtney, but I do know that on Saturday, January 14th, the world lost an amazing little boy.

Tripp was just 2 years 8 months old when he succumed to EB - a rare disease that involves the lack of a certain protein that binds layers of skin together, Tripp had the worst kind.  He spent his entire life living with pain, as his body was covered with sores and was constantly fighting infection.  I believe the only thing that kept him going for so long was the intense love his mother has for him.  She devoted her life to this boy, to making him comfortable, to seeing him grow, to teaching him about God and it showed.  I could never say enough about this woman who gave so selflessly, never asking for anything in return other than peace for her baby, she is an amazing person.

If you get the chance, stop over to her blog and leave a comment, a kind word, anything to let her know that you're thinking of her and her sweet boy who had a too-short life.  I will warn you, it's really heartbreaking to see this baby's pictures.

Courtney's blog:  http://randycourtneytripproth.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment