Search This Blog

Friday, October 21, 2011

A Whole Lotta Nothin' (Triggers)

I haven't posted lately because to be honest, I really have nothing of interest to post.  So here's some things that have been on my mind lately:

The Toddler, baby Yua, in China who just died after being hit by not one but TWO vans with no one stopping to help.  It literally PAINS me to think of this poor little girl and what her family is now going through.  Just senseless and stupid.

It's coming up on baby Jacob's 1 year birthday.  His mom is doing a balloon release that day (he was born on Thanksgiving last year, but it's the day after this year, the 25th), and I spoke with Eli's daycare mama who also does cakes, and she's going to make a sheet cake for her for free.  My friend doesn't have a lot of money and is going through a very hard time and was going to try to save up the money.  Just goes to show that there are still people out there who care about perfect strangers.

A bunch of fellow bloggers/blm's are going through some very rough times right now, and it's completely unfair.  I wish I could just take all the pain and ball it up and throw it into the ocean.  I wish I could make things better and I know I say that all the time, but it's true.  The pain that these mamas are going through is just so stupid and unfixable, it breaks my heart.

Little baby B is still wiggling around inside me, I'll be 18 weeks on Monday.  It's hard to believe that I'm almost halfway done, my pregnancy with Eli went by so slowly I was pretty sure I would never get to meet him!  I am excited about having a snuggly good smelling newborn again, but I worry that Eli will feel like I don't love him any more.  I'm constantly trying to think of ways to keep him involved.  Do any of you mom's have any suggestions?  I'm also worried about the c-section recovery.  With only 1 baby it's relatively easy, but Eli's life isn't going to be on hold while I heal, and I'm just so nervous about how that will play out. 

Life has just been chugging along, it has it's ups and downs.  But mostly, more than anything, I'm just happy that I have my sweet little boy to rock and cuddle at night.  I am one lucky woman.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Harlowe, I'm a new follower and fellow mama to be! :) Congrats on your pregnancy and little one.

    ReplyDelete