Search This Blog

Friday, June 24, 2011

Well, this is the beginning.

I have started this blog in hopes of clearing my mind.  It is a muddled mess right now, and I just can't seem to make it through.  I've been debating doing this for quite a long time, not so much because I think everything that comes out of my mouth is just so worth sharing with the world, but more for the fact that my mind is apparently leaving me already at the ripe old age of 27 (or is it 28?  No, pretty sure it's 27).  I would also like to remember everything about my almost 1 year old baby, and while that year at the moment is mostly remembered in Facebook posts I do plan to do a sort of "this time last year" theme until we catch up.  So I guess that's where we'll begin...

This time last year:

I was 40 weeks and 4 days pregnant with no signs that my precious little boy felt like joining the world of the breathers.  His EDD was 06/20/2011, and after my appointment on the 22nd my doc decided they would all do me a favor and induce me THAT NIGHT!  I couldn't believe it! 

I called my closest friends and family and informed them that my little chicken would be joining us very shortly. 

Now, before anyone goes crazy, the reason to induce so soon after my due date was: 1.) I was having a big baby.  They figured anywhere inbetween 9-11 lbs, and for a short person (I top out at 5' 2" on a good day) that equaled long labor. 2.)  My hands and feet and ankles had swelled to the point where I gained 8 lbs in one week, there was a chance of pre-e.  Moving on. 

After I had informed work that I would not be returning the next day, and freaking out all my friends and family in the excitement of a new member of the family, I received a call from my doctor.  They had done an ultrasound to see if there was a reason as to why my little man had not dropped (moved down into the birthing position).  They could not find a blockage, but they did find that the cord was around his neck.  With this new information and after speaking with the lead OB they decided to wait and maybe give chicken a chance to turn and get the cord back where it should be.  My excitement quicky turned to fear.  Yes, we had had a hiccup with his kidneys along the way that had eventually cleared itself up, but he was supposed to be just fine.  So now, more waiting.  More carpal tunnel from the swelling, more 1 1/2 to 2 hour commute one way to work and the same back being as large as a house, and all the while knowing that what was going on inside me was very serious and there was absolutely nothing I could do about it.  I was helpless to save my baby.

This time this year:

I am avoiding working by starting a new blog (he he he).  Tomorrow I pick up my younger sister and we meet my older sister to order Eli's 1st birthday cake and pick out decorations for his party on the 9th.  We just gained a room mate (a good thing as we can use the rent money, and we weren't using that room anyway.)  Our house tends to be a halfway house of sorts for my husbands wayward friends, ha ha.  We enjoy the company.    Husband starts a job on July 1st (finally!), it's been a long almost 7 months.  I will be picking Eli and his little playmate up from daycare today and we're going to have fun times at my house tonight.  All in all, I'm having a good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment