Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I'm So Popular!

I just realized I have......(wait for it).... 8 followers!!!!!!!!!!!  I feel like a superstar.  Or maybe it's the coffee, can one really ever be sure?

I've been thinking about my blog lately and in which direction it's been seeming to go.  I don't want it to be so down and sad all the time, I want it to reflect me in general a little more but that's where the problem comes in.  I interact with people in real life like a boss, on paper (or computer screen) a lot of what I say gets lost in translation or just makes me look crazy (trust me, I know).  It's just so hard to be witty when there is no back and forth, 'cause let me tell you, I am the queen of banter.  I see other people do it, no problem, and that is great for them and I envy that, but I wonder how do they manage?  Maybe it's just the fact that this whole blogging thing is so new to me, telling all the strangers who happen to be passing though all about my life and my feelings and these darn crazy emotions, I'm not used to it.  I can barely post a status on facebook that doesn't involve Eli because he is literally the most exciting thing about my life right now (yes, I know, I really need for real friends, ha ha.)

So maybe while I work on convincing you guys that I'm really as awesome as I know I am I'll have to do something just to pass the time, and that is DUN DUN DUUUUUUNNNNNNN.....complaining about the people I deal with on a day to day basis at my job.

I am a Credit and Collections rep.  This quite literally means that I sit on the phone all day (well, not literally the phone, I usually try to sit in my chair because the phone is just not that comfortable) attached to my desk by a 3 foot cord while my ears are assaulted by numerous large business accountants (think Fortune 500 companies) wondering why we are calling them everyday and shutting off their service even though they haven't paid their bill in, oh, about 6 months.  Well, Mr. Stupid Accountant who is ridiculously bad at simple everyday math, you don't like to pay your bill because you think you're a fancy butterfly who should get everything handed to you on a silver platter sprinkled with rainbow glitter and magical unicorn poop, and even though your company makes millions to billions of dollars a year you can't seem to pay a 1000.00 a month bill.  Yes, go ahead and sue me personally for shutting your service off because I took it upon myself to find your account, click the disconnect button, and sit at my desk with maniacal laughter while tapping my fingers together thinking "I'll show them, I'll show all of them!!!!!"  Also, if you cannot do simple math (and I mean math so simple that even I can do it) you have no business being in accounting.  For realz.  Honestly I would be surprised if you weren't one of those people that while cashiering if the register didn't give you the amount you had to give back to the customer you would be at a total loss.  Sure, for the most part it doesn't just pop into my head either but it doesn't take a rocket scientist.

So, to sum this post up:  I have no idea what I am doing in the blogging world, and accountants are stupid.  (This is a blanket statement, so if you happen to read my blog and you are an accountant, you are obviously one of the good ones and can call me anytime.)

I bid you all adieu for the day with many xoxoxoxoxo ('cause I'm a creeper) and I hope for those of you who have to go to work that the week goes by quickly, and for those of you who don't have to go to work to hug and kiss your little one's because that's what I wish I could be doing right now.

1 comment: