Search This Blog

Monday, November 7, 2011

Fail version 2.0

So yesterday was a busy day.  Husband and I live in Wisconsin, but we both work in Minnesota.  Yesterday he had to work to we decided that we would ride up to the cities together, he would work, and I would look around at the shops and maybe visit some friends and that's exactly what the chicken and I did.  I need to find a pair of Ugg like boots for the winter since my feet swell so horribly with pregnancy and will not fit in to much less than a giant ugly nondescript boot type thing so we went to the shoe store.  I'm going to have to get something that comes above my ankles due to the massive amounts of snow we like to get around here and I found a couple of perspective options, the trouble is that I have such a hard time spending money on ME.  I will go in somewhere or poke around online and immediately I am drawn to baby stuff, I can't help it, I just want to give everything to my child(ren) that I possibly can but I tend to leave my own needs uncared for.  But I digress. 

Eli and I went to my friends' house and they have an almost 1 year old who is in the pulling up to standing phase which could be considered Eli's worst nightmare.  For a little background - there was a time period at daycare where one of the other kids would always come up to Eli and grab and bite him.  He came home multiple times with bruises and teeth marks on his body, this has thankfully come to an end but I think it still makes Eli nervous when little creatures are grabbing at him.  He eventually learned that if he climbed up on the couch she couldn't actually pull on him so that made things a bit better.  It does kind of make me nervous about how he's going to react with a new baby in the house but I really think he'll be okay, he did end up warming up to Zoe towards the end, it just took a while.

This morning as I was leaving for work it was starting to be light out, and I secretly did a little happy dance.  I get so tired in the morning having to drive at least half of my commute in the pitch black of night that starting when it was already partially light and only getting lighter made all the difference in the world.  I guess we have to be thankful for daylight savings time in at least one aspect, though I do dread the darker evenings, however as anyone who has a baby knows, babies do not take well to the time change.  Eli goes to be earlier but also wakes up earlier and this is a problem for me.  It's one thing when he was waking up at 7-730 in the morning, but waking up between 6-630 on the weekends is just unacceptable to me.  I know it'll take some adjustment on both of our parts but it'll work itself out eventually (probably just in time for another time change).

So in essence, this post is a very round about way to say, you know what, I was super busy yesterday and forgot to post before I went to bed.  Then by the time I went to bed and remembered I had to post I didn't want to get out of my bed so I tried to post from my phone and I was denied.  Shot down.  So no post again yesterday and I am failing at a post a day.  I'll work up to it I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment