Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

November 8th

Nothing very significant about today.  We took the chicken into urgent care because he has these tiny red bumps all over his body and consistantly spreading, but they haven't been bothering him.  Turns out it is just from the cold he had, he has a tendancy to get the "virus rashes" that exhibit in young children when they've got any sort of virus running through their body.  Normally I wouldn't be bothered but he's never had one that long lasting and fast spreading before so we figured better safe than sorry.

Yesterday I went in to get my blood drawn for Cystic Fibrosis...again.  I had it done over a month ago with my normal pregnancy quad screen and all that but the lab forgot to run it so here's to waiting another week.  Since we already know that husband is a carrier I'm kind of anxious to find out whether or not I am as well, I need to know whether or not I need to freak out.  If I am a carrier, this baby and any other child we would have (if that's a route we ever would choose to take) has a 1 in 4 chance of being having the disease.  I would never terminate based on the outcome but I need to know how prepared I'm going to have to be to possibly care for a child with a potentially fatal disease, and to know everything I will need to do to give my baby the biggest chance of survival and a happy long life.

We go for our anatomy scan December 6th, I'm kind of excited to find out what we're having but more than that I just want to know the baby is heathy and thriving.

With that being said, what is everyone's guess as to what I'm having?  Heartrate is hovering between 150-160, I haven't taken any of the silly gender prediction tests and I have no other information really to pass on to anyone.  There will be a prize of knowing how awesome you are at guessing if you guess correctly, won't that be awesome!

Talk to you all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment