Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I Am Annoyed.

I think my husband has been having some serious issues coming to grips with the fact that we are going to have another baby.  He saw an empty tampon box yesterday and asked if I had gotten my period.  Um, no, if I am bleeding it would be considered a miscarriage, not a period.  He saw the picture of of the positive pregnancy test and had me explain every little thing, as if I had maybe read it wrong.  I'm sorry, but I am absolutely pregnant, it is not going to change anytime soon barring any horrific circumstances.  This is the exact opposite of the support I need right now.

I know men process differently.  This isn't real to him right now, he doesn't have the side effects, he doesn't feel it, but I do and he should be able to at least understand that much.  He flips and flops all the time, it drives me up the wall.  Can't we get past the fact that I am actually pregnant now and move onto preparing?  Yes, it makes me nervous, too.  Yes, waiting a little longer would have been ideal, but this is not the end of the world.  We'll be fine, we'll adjust, things will work out.  I just need to shake him a little bit to get him to realize that.

On another note, I really want to take belly photos with this baby but since Eli was so huge and he stretched my stomach out so much I still have loose saggy skin.  I don't really know what to do about this.  I still have my previous baby pouch and I hate it.  I think it was exacerbated by the fact that I ended up having a c-section and my incision had opened again and taken 2 months to heal so everything is sort of off kilter down there, that skin was not able to bounce back like it should have.

I don't know, what would you guys do?  I'm sure I'll do it anyway just because I want the memory that I didn't get with Eli.

And I did decide to go ahead and start my baby blog, I think I will like to keep things separate in a way even though they will intertwine as being part of my life.

1 comment:

  1. i didn't do pregnancy photos with my july baby and i probably won't do them this time around either. it's just not my thing.

    it took my hubby awhile to come around to the idea of two as well. once my belly started showing and after the first appointment, he came around. he's now all about it and can't wait for this little guy to make his appearance. just give your husband a bit of time. it took me a long while to get excited this time around.

    by the way, i'm from bbc!

    ReplyDelete