Search This Blog

Friday, July 15, 2011

Road Rage

It actually happened to me tonight, out of seemingly nowhere to me but to the other guy I apparently had it out for him.  And because of this, he hit me.  On purpose.  Because, and I quote, "he had a bad day."

Really!  I mean, really?  I have a bad day everyday.  On my drive to and from work, for the entire hour and a half to two hours (65 miles one way) all I can think about is how much I miss my baby because I never get to see him.  I have to keep food on the table and a roof over our heads after my husband got laid off in December.  I get yelled at all day long because I work in business collections and all those big fancy fortune 500 companies think they are better than everyone else and they don't need to pay their bills.  I have bill collectors calling me because we are months behind in certain payments.  Eli's sitter gets to see him more than I do, and I hate that.  So you know what, dude, I don't care about your "bad day".  You just hit me, on purpose, for something you thought you saw that didn't actually happen.  Your apologies and excuses aren't going to fix the fact that it just cost me 350.00 to get my car towed a few miles, it isn't going to give me the three hours I just spent at the hospital back, it isn't going to make up the money I am losing from missing work since the doctor wants me off until the 22nd.  All I could think about was how I was going to die because that is where a guy died last year after his car went off the road.  I was so far off the road even the COPS couldn't find me.

Thank God there were witnesses, thank God that he saw fit to keep me on earth with my baby a little while longer, thank God my baby wasn't in that car when he hit me.  Just thank GOD.

So please, I'm sure my entire following (all three of you lovely people) would never do something so callous and stupid, just think before you do something in anger.  You just never know who and in what way those actions will affect.  And hug your babes and loved ones tonight, you all deserve it.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry this happened to you! I hope you are okay and I hope when that guy comes to his senses he feels a dose of regret. Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete